An appraisal is the crystal ball of Auctions
It all starts with an appraisal.
It’s our belief that expectations are managed best with honesty, experience, and knowledge. Our experienced appraisers know what questions to ask and where to research items in order to achieve the best price.
And its the discovery, the best finds our Appraisers have had, are those in the dark corners of the cupboard, packed away in boxes or just about to be thrown out. Knowledge and experience is the key to unlock the value in your estate.
Our Auction industry mentor, Jason Harris has created a guide to Appraisals, what to expect, the timelines and other things you should know. It’s a short and easy to read guide.Scammell's Appraisal Guide
We love the discovery of the hidden treasures in your home.
And we have so many stories to share of the “gold” at the back of the cupboard, left forgotten for years. Our staff are trained and each have their own area of expertise, and together there is little we don’t know of Antiques, Art and the more obscure collectables.
At Scammells, it’s our belief that expectations are managed best with honesty, experience, and knowledge. Our experienced appraisers know what questions to ask and where to research items in order to achieve the best price. This allows them to provide an accurate idea of what the value of your item is before the auction itself reveals the true value.
Doulton Lambeth Mousesold $3600
Dorrit Blacksold $45000
JH Steiner Claret Jugsold $24500
Colonial Breakfront Bookcasesold $50000
Golden Fleece Enamel Signsold $11500
- Request an appraisal and upload your images
- We receive the request and forward it to the right specialists at Scammells
- Our Appraisers assess the items over the next 24-48 hours, researching and finding the most up to date values
- Your appraisal is compiled and formatted by our appraisal team
- Whilst this is happening you will receive some handy information by email from our Appraisal Department
- Within 72 hours (3 days in the old language) you receive your appraisal by email
Request a Free Appraisal
Join the Mailing List
Please enter a valid email address