Deceased Estates - Comprehensively handled with compassion.
The loss of a loved one can be hard on anyone.
At Scammells, most of our staff have experienced this, and we keep it in mind when working with our deceased estate customers. We assist our customers with empathy and care, to make decisions on the house contents. Our ‘Full Estate Service” includes pre-appraisal, packing, auction service, and much more. If it helps, we can even assist with the organisation of house painting and gardening.Request Appraisal
The Deceased Estate Survival Guide
Jason Harris, our Director, Auctioneer and Industry leader has written a guide to surviving a deceased estate. The irony of the title isn’t lost on us, and anyone who has had to sort through the complex task of being an Executor can understand the stress. Scammells can make this a little easier and unburden you from having to pack, sort and empty the house. Read more on what we can do to help you.Download Now
They say the proof is in the pudding, we say it’s in our results!
Over the past 10 years Scammells have bought to market some amazing collections including the “Dr Gary Scroop Collection” of one of the most complete collections of vintage cameras, microscopes and quackery, “The Gifford Collection” of over 4000 pieces of Royal Doulton and the “The Donovan Collection” which included a Dorrit Black (now in the SA Gallery) and a rare Steiner Claret Jug.
Hans Heysen – The Drinking Placesold $51000
Falcon Chairs & Footstoolssold $3700
Georg Jensen Necklacesold $1700
Robby The Robotsold $1800
Doulton Lambeth Mousesold $3600
Dorrit Blacksold $45000
JH Steiner Claret Jugsold $24500
Colonial Breakfront Bookcasesold $50000
Golden Fleece Enamel Signsold $11500
- Request an appraisal and upload your images
- We receive the request and forward it to the right specialists at Scammells
- Our Appraisers assess the items over the next 24-48 hours, researching and finding the most up to date values
- Your appraisal is compiled and formatted by our appraisal team
- Whilst this is happening you will receive some handy information by email from our Appraisal Department
- Within 72 hours (3 days in the old language) you receive your appraisal by email
Request an Appraisal
Join the Mailing List
Please enter a valid email address