Downsizing? What to keep, what to sell?
Moving is hard enough, we have all done it, Scammells makes it easier.
Moving into a smaller residence is the perfect opportunity to take a good look at everything you own and decide what you’d like to keep and what you’d perhaps like to move on. This process becomes much easier and assuring when a Scammells team member is there to provide their expert opinion on what your items are worth. Not just what they’re worth now, but what they might be worth in the future if you do decide to hold on to them.
Anything you do decide to sell is then easily managed by the team at Scammells, freeing up space and money for you and your new abode.
Tips on sorting an Estate
Our Auctioneer and Chief, Jason Harris has written a short guide and tips on sorting an Estate and helpful hints on streamlining sort, packing and moving.Download Now
We love the discovery of the hidden treasures in your home.
And we have so many stories to share of the “gold” at the back of the cupboard, left forgotten for years. Our staff are trained and each have their own area of expertise, and together there is little we don’t know of Antiques, Art and the more obscure collectables.
At Scammells, it’s our belief that expectations are managed best with honesty, experience, and knowledge. Our experienced appraisers know what questions to ask and where to research items in order to achieve the best price. This allows them to provide an accurate idea of what the value of your item is before the auction itself reveals the true value.
Doulton Lambeth Mousesold $3600
Dorrit Blacksold $45000
JH Steiner Claret Jugsold $24500
Colonial Breakfront Bookcasesold $50000
Golden Fleece Enamel Signsold $11500
- Request an appraisal and upload your images
- We receive the request and forward it to the right specialists at Scammells
- Our Appraisers assess the items over the next 24-48 hours, researching and finding the most up to date values
- Your appraisal is compiled and formatted by our appraisal team
- Whilst this is happening you will receive some handy information by email from our Appraisal Department
- Within 72 hours (3 days in the old language) you receive your appraisal by email
Request an Appraisal
Join the Mailing List
Please enter a valid email address