Professional Valuations - discover the value.
In the unfortunate instance that you need to make an insurance claim, you need to know and be able to prove, the value of the items you’re claiming on.
A professional valuation from Scammells can ensure your prized artwork, collectables, and antique furniture are valued at and insured for the right amount. The circumstances that instigate an insurance claim are unpleasant enough, without the hassle of arguing over undervalued items.REQUEST VALUATION
Scammells Valuation Guide
Our Auction industry mentor, Jason Harris has created a guide to Valuations, what to expect, the timelines and other things you should know. It’s a short and easy to read guide.Download Now
Our Valuations are a competitive and invaluable fee for service
Scammells valuers have over 100 years of combined experience in Art, Antiques and Collectables. Get professional advice on the value of your Antique assets.
Our fees are –
- Contents insurance, Probate, Market Value, Family Division and SMSF $240 (+gst) per hour. Matrimonial $450 (+gst) per hour (paid in advance).
- Market Value for Auction Purchase $60 (+gst) per item (no photographs provided).
- Valuation update $120 (+gst) per hour.
- Specialist Consultant fees $300 per hour (+gst) where an item resides outside of our scope of expertise and we need to employ a specialist to research and value the item – you will be advised at the time of the the valuation of this cost and it is your choice to accept the charges.
- Travel $60 (+gst) per hour (outside of our metro zone which includes North to Gawler, South to McLaren Vale and East to Mount Barker).
Hans Heysen – The Drinking Placesold $51000
Falcon Chairs & Footstoolssold $3700
Georg Jensen Necklacesold $1700
Robby The Robotsold $1800
Doulton Lambeth Mousesold $3600
Dorrit Blacksold $45000
JH Steiner Claret Jugsold $24500
Colonial Breakfront Bookcasesold $50000
Golden Fleece Enamel Signsold $11500
- Request an appraisal and upload your images
- We receive the request and forward it to the right specialists at Scammells
- Our Appraisers assess the items over the next 24-48 hours, researching and finding the most up to date values
- Your appraisal is compiled and formatted by our appraisal team
- Whilst this is happening you will receive some handy information by email from our Appraisal Department
- Within 72 hours (3 days in the old language) you receive your appraisal by email
Request an Appraisal
Join the Mailing List
Please enter a valid email address